Tenormin 50mg (India)
Uses of Tenormin
Tenormin is a type of beta-blocker drug that treats angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It affects how blood flows through the arteries and veins and eventually lower episodes of a heart attack.
Beta-blockers work by blocking the action of natural chemicals in the body and lowering heart rate or blood pressure. This process prevents the occurrence of stroke and heart attacks. You can purchase this medicine under the generic name Atenolol.
Tenormin Precautions and Warnings
Do not use Tenormin if you have:
- Allergy to Tenormin
- Slow heartbeats
- Heart failure
To ensure this medicine is safe to use, tell your healthcare professional if you have a history of the following conditions:
- Coronary heart disease
- Liver disease
- Kidney problems
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Overactive thyroid
As mentioned, Tenormin is used to treat angina and hypertension. Below are the dosages of Tenormin for these conditions:
- Take 50 mg of Tenormin orally once per day for the initial dose.
- If maintenance treatment with Tenormin is necessary, take 50 to 200 mg orally once per day.
- For the maximum dosage, take 200 mg of Tenormin per day.
- For the initial dose, take 50 mg of Tenormin orally once per day.
- For the maintenance treatment, follow a 50 to 100 mg daily dose of Tenormin.
- For the maximum dosage, take 100 mg of Tenormin per day.
Tenormin Side Effects
Common side effects:
- Worsening chest pain
- Irregular heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Cold hands or feet
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.