Insulin Levemir Penfill 100U/ml 3ml
Uses of Levemir
Similar to other medicines used in treating diabetes, Levemir is another form of hormone specifically designed in alleviating symptoms of the said disease. Its main function is to reduce the high levels of blood sugar, making diabetes manageable and controllable. You can purchase Levemir under the generic name Insulin Detemir.
Levemir Precautions and Warnings
Before using this medication, note that you will experience some side effects. Also, speak with your medical doctor first if you happen to have the following:
- Kidney and liver disease
- Allergy to the medicine and its major components.
If you are experiencing episodes of hypoglycemia, avoid Levemir consumption to prevent having the lowest level of blood sugar.
The usual dosage for Levemir is:
- 2 - 0.4 units/mL, to be consumed daily
- For the dosage adjustment, it is necessary that you monitor the status of your blood sugar levels. Aside from this, there is also a change in meal patterns and physical activity. The metabolic and glycemic conditions are also checked when taking your dose for the day.
Levemir Side Effects
Note that the following lists include both the severe and the most common adverse reactions of consuming Levemir.
Common Side Effects of Levemir
- Low level of blood sugar
- Skin rashes
- Itchiness at the injection site
Severe Side Effects of Levemir
- Severe headache
- Difficulty breathing
- Numbness or tingling sensation
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.