Flovent HFA 50mcg
Uses of Flovent HFA
Administer Flovent HFA to prevent episodes of asthma attacks in adults and children. It is a steroid medicine and is part of a drug class called Inhaled corticosteroids. It is available under the generic name Fluticasone Inhalation.
Note that this prescription medicine is not made to relieve sudden breathing problems. It is manufactured explicitly for the long-treatment of asthma.
Flovent HFA Precautions and Warnings
Do not use Flovent HFA if you are allergic to it. Note that Flovent HFA is not a rescue medicine for asthma attacks. To ensure that this steroid medicine is safe to use, tell your healthcare professional if you have a history of the following conditions:
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Liver disease
- Low bone mineral density
- A weak immune system
Flovent HFA Dosage
Usual adult dose for asthma:
- For the initial dose - 88 mcg via oral inhalation twice a day.
- For the maximum dose – 880 mcg twice a day.
Usual pediatric dose for asthma:
- For children 4 to 11 years, the initial dose is 50 mcg via oral inhalation twice a day.
- For 12 years and older, the initial dose is 88 mcg oral inhalation twice a day.
Flovent HFA Side Effects
Common side effects:
- Stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Low fever
- Chest tightness
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.