Treat depression as you consume Celexa 40mg. This medicine is sold under the generic name Citalopram. It is also available under the trade name Cipramil.
Uses of Celexa
Celexa 40mg is part of a group of drugs known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs. Its active ingredient is citalopram, which works by disallowing the reuptake of serotonin, thus, preventing neurotransmitters from increasing and decreasing.
Celexa Precautions and Warnings
Celexa is prohibited for usage if you are:
- consuming other medicines for depression
- allergic to it
- diagnosed with a congenital long QT syndrome
Celexa can cause you to have episodes of suicidal thoughts. If this occurs to you, report to your doctor immediately.
Celexa 40mg Dosage
The usual dosage for Celexa:
- 20 mg to be consumed orally once per day
- Swallow this tablet with water, making sure that you are doing it at the same time every day.
- Maintenance dosage may be required if depression emerges at any time.
Celexa 40mg Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Celexa are only temporary. However, there are other reactions that can be severe. These are as follows:
Common Side Effects of Celexa
- Dryness of the mouth
- Increased sweating
- Shakiness feeling
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Severe Side Effects of Celexa
- Blurry vision
- Pain in the chest
- Pain in the eyes
- Severe dizziness
- Irregular heartbeat
- Speech problems
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.