Alrex 0.2% is sold under the generic name Loteprednol Eye Drops 0.2%. It is an optic medication used in treating symptoms of eye allergies. It eases irritations or inflammations that the eyes experience. This medicine is part of a drug classification known as Corticosteroids, Ophthalmic.
Alrex 0.2% Precautions and Warnings
Prior to obtaining this medication, there are certain warnings that you must know to avoid further eye complications.
- Avoid Alrex medication if you have an active viral infection in the eyes.
- Avoid Alrex medication if you are hypersensitive to the drug and its ingredients.
- Know all risks of using this medicine, especially to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Long-term usage of this medicine can incur glaucoma or cataract.
- Avoid driving if you have blurry eyesight.
Alrex 0.2% Dosage
Administration of Alrex 0.2% shouldn’t be hard at all. Before using it, make sure that you clean your hands properly. In placing the drops in your eyes, tilt your head back and make a pouch on your lower eyelid where the drop of fluid will go to. Once done, close your eyes to put enough pressure. Do this action for 1 to 2 minutes.
Just like other medications for optic concerns, Alrex has adverse reactions that are manageable based on their severity. These effects include:
Common Side Effects of Alrex
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Eye irritation
Severe Side Effects of Alrex
- Severe headache
- Burning sensation
- Severe eye irritation
- Dry eyes
- Severe itchiness
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.