Know More About Plaquenil
Uses of Plaquenil
Plaquenil is used in treating symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. This medicine is a good anti-inflammatory therapy, especially for people who are suffering from the mentioned medical condition. It is also used in treating Malaria, as its main ingredient is an antimalarial drug. In some cases, the same medicine can be administered to people with Lupus. Plaquenil is available under the generic name Hydroxychloroquine.
Plaquenil Precautions and Warnings
Before acquiring this medicine, speak with your medical provider if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant. The medicine is highly capable of harming your unborn child. Additionally, if you are hypersensitive to the drug and its components, avoid using it. For more questions, you can always ask your doctor for more warning in relation to taking this drug.
- Consume this medicine after eating as an empty stomach is not recommended during the treatment.
- The dosage for this medicine may vary depending on the assessment of the doctor. However, the required dosage is 200 mg of Plaquenil to be consumed on a daily basis.
- Never miss a dose. But if you do, ensure that you do not take two doses in a day.
- Always follow your doctors’ prescription.
Plaquenil Side Effects
Note that there lots of side effects once you begin treatment with Plaquenil. These may include:
Common Side Effects of Plaquenil
- Stomach pain
Severe Side Effects of Plaquenil
- Loss of appetite
- Change in vision
- Severe headache
Top Rated Products
- Aripiprazole 5mg $126.97
- Altace 10mg $99.40
- Mesalamine 400mg (Novo-5-ASA) $67.42
- Celecoxib 100mg $32.99
- S Citadep 50mg (India) $34.99
- Creon 10 $84.37