Know More About Metoprolol
Uses of Metoprolol
Use Metoprolol to treat a certain medical condition called angina, which is also termed chest pain. The same medicine is also utilized in providing relief to people with high blood pressure or hypertension. Once you start using this medicine, you will have a lower chance of being hospitalized due to heart failure. Use this medicine to stop your risk of having more medical conditions.
You can purchase Metoprolol under the brand names Kapspargo Sprinkle, Lopressor, Toprol-XL.
Metoprolol Precautions and Warnings
You are not allowed to consume this medicine if you have:
- Heart problem
- Circulation problem
- Severe heart failure
- Fainting episodes
While it is not known yet if this medicine can harm an unborn child, you must still talk with your doctor before using it. Before receiving a green light to use this medicine, you will have to tell your medical history.
- 50 mg of Metoprolol to be consumed orally twice daily
- The maintenance dosage is 100 – 400 mg of Metoprolol to be consumed orally
- 100 mg of Metoprolol to be consumed orally once daily
- The maintenance dosage is 100 – 450 mg of Metoprolol to be consumed orally
Metoprolol Side Effects
Take into big consideration the set of side effects once you consume this medicine. These are as follows:
Common Side Effects of Metoprolol
Severe Side Effects of Metoprolol
- Slow heartbeats
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sensation of the hands and feet