Know More About Isentress (Raltegravir)
Use Isentress to treat HIV. This medicine is like any HIV drug that works by preventing the virus from advancing to AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). Take this medicine to inhibit HIV from spreading.
Uses of Isentress
Isentress is part of a group of drugs known as integrase inhibitors. It blocks HIV’s ability to replicate and multiply. It functions by halting the infection’s growth within the body. It also boosts our immune system, providing the needed assistance to fight the infection.
Isentress Warnings and Precautions
Discuss with your healthcare professional if you have been previously diagnosed with the following conditions. This is to ensure your safety with Isentress medication.
- Muscle damage
- Liver disease
- Mental disorder (depression, anxiety)
- Kidney disease
One of the major side effects of taking Isentress is severe skin reaction. If you experience skin redness and itchiness while on your treatment with Isentress, stop taking this drug.
Every form of treatment adheres to these significant factors:
- Age and weight of a patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Other forms of medicine that the patient is currently taking
Dosage for adults:
- Consume 400mg of Isentress twice per day.
- Take this medicine with food to avoid episodes of stomachaches.
Raltegravir Side Effects
Common Side Effects:
- Mild headache
- Pain in the abdomen
- Change in behaviour
- Difficulty sleeping
Severe Side Effects:
- Muscle pain
- Swollen feet and legs
- Weight gain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin)
- Lack of appetite
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mouth sore
Top Rated Products
- Eptoin ER 300mg (India) $41.22
- Motilium 10mg (Turkey) $31.99
- Eliquis 5mg 180 Tablets $373.97
- Finasteride 5mg Gluten Free $90.20
- Invokana 100 mg (India) $64.20
- Lamictal 25mg $139.99