Know More About Cymbalta
Uses of Cymbalta
Use this medicine to provide medical therapy to individuals who have a major depressive disorder. It is an SSNRI or a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant, which also treats what is called a general anxiety disorder to many adults and children alike. Other than the mentioned medical conditions, Cymbalta is also utilized in treating diabetes-induced nerve pain and chronic pain in the muscles or joints. Cymbalta is sold under the generic name Duloxetine.
Cymbalta Precautions and Warnings
Discuss first with your doctor before taking this medicine. Your doctor will advise you of the different reactions you will experience after its consumption. Furthermore, if you will have suicidal thoughts while on your treatment, report them immediately. Cymbalta’s side effects can be harmful and severe.
Major Depressive Disorder Dosage
- 40 mg of Cymbalta to be consumed once per day.
- It can be consumed also as 20 mg twice per day.
- Another dosage will require you to start from 30 mg, with a total of 60 mg of Cymbalta in a day.
General Anxiety Disorder Dosage
- 30 mg of Cymbalta to be consumed once per day.
- The therapy duration is most likely 2 weeks.
- Dosage can also increase to 60 mg per day.
Cymbalta Side Effects
The following includes the adverse reactions you will experience as you take this medicine.
Common Side Effects of Cymbalta
- Dryness of the mouth
- Lack of appetite
- Loss of weight
Severe Side Effects of Cymbalta
- Pain in the eyes
- Eye redness
- Unusual bleeding
- Painful urination
- Severe skin irritation
- Suicidal thoughts