Know More About Alrex
Alrex is sold under the generic name Loteprednol Eye Drops 0.2%. It is an optic medication used in treating symptoms of eye allergies. It eases irritations or inflammations that the eyes experience. This medicine is part of a drug classification known as Corticosteroids, Ophthalmic.
Alrex Precautions and Warnings
Prior to obtaining this medication, there are certain warnings that you must know to avoid further eye complications.
- Avoid Alrex medication if you have an active viral infection in the eyes.
- Avoid Alrex medication if you are hypersensitive to the drug and its ingredients.
- Know all risks of using this medicine, especially to pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Long-term usage of this medicine can incur glaucoma or cataract.
- Avoid driving if you have blurry eyesight.
Administration of Alrex shouldn’t be hard at all. Before using it, make sure that you clean your hands properly. In placing the drops in your eyes, tilt your head back and make a pouch on your lower eyelid where the drop of fluid will go to. Once done, close your eyes to put enough pressure. Do this action for 1 to 2 minutes.
Alrex Side Effects
Just like other medications for optic concerns, Alrex has adverse reactions that are manageable based on their severity. These effects include:
Common Side Effects of Alrex
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Eye irritation
Severe Side Effects of Alrex
- Severe headache
- Burning sensation
- Severe eye irritation
- Dry eyes
- Severe itchiness