Buying your medications online seems to be the easiest bet ever since the pandemic has hit. However, is it legal and safe to purchase your medications from an online pharmacy?
Be aware of a few factors that determine whether these stores are legit.
- The website asks for a valid prescription
- They have a valid address and contact details
While ordering online can guarantee a secure and convenient purchase, rogue sites also claim to sell medicines at highly discounted prices. Ask yourself, is it really possible to sell a medication at such a low cost? However, you should research the real cost of the medication online as, cheap drugs aren’t to be trusted but some trusted drugs are cheap. That being said, you must also be aware that the costs will be much lower if they procure the medication from other countries such as India and Mexico. In that case, the store should mention the country of origin of that medication.
Here are things you should know if an online pharmacy looks too good to be true:
- Allow purchases without the need for a valid prescription.
- Unable to answer your inquiries because of the absence of a licensed pharmacist.
- Sends unsolicited emails and spam messages.
- They will not sell medications that would last for more than 90 days.
Benefits of buying medications online:
- You can choose from different options – both brand and generic
- Ensures confidentiality in their privacy policies.
- You can order your medication from the comfort of your home.
Things to keep in mind while ordering online medications:
- Make sure the online store is licensed to operate – This factor will help you determine the credibility of the online pharmacy.
- Check for privacy policies – A legit online store will elaborate their privacy and security policy on their website. Always read their policies to ensure that the transactions are safe.
- Learn the signs of a safe online pharmacy – If the online pharmacy requires a valid prescription from a doctor, and takes an initiative to validate your prescription with your healthcare professional, the chances are, you can trust them.
- Read their online reviews – What their existing customers say about them?
- Do they have a customer care centre? If they do, then the chances are they are legit. Speak totheir customer service team for more clarity and information about the business.