Medications for Acne
Acne is a chronic skin disorder that occurs when the body’s hair follicles become clogged. Dead skin cells or sebum oil plug the sores, which causes pimples or zits. Acne can appear anywhere in the body, including the back, chest, and shoulders. However, it is most common on the face.
While this skin condition can happen to anyone, it is primarily common in teens and young adults. It can continue in adulthood, which demands acne medications. Symptoms of acne can range from being only occasional to severe skin conditions. It can be widespread and can cause scars.
What are the different types of acne?
Acne triggers a variety of skin lesions or pimples. These include whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cystic acne.
These types are identified by either white, black, or pink bumps on the skin. Some of these are also classified by white or yellow pus-filled lesions that are sometimes painful and itchy.
What triggers acne?
Here are four primary factors that cause acne. These are as follows:
- High production of oil (sebum)
- Clogged hair follicles
- Dead skin cells
- Bacteria (especially its growth in the pore)
- Skin inflammation
Here are the factors that trigger acne:
- Change in hormones – One of the triggering factors of acne is the increase in androgens, a type of male sex hormone. The increase of these hormones in both boys and girls during puberty causes the enlargement of the sebaceous glands and makes more oil (sebum). This hormonal change can occur during midlife, especially in women, leading to many breakouts.
- Medication side effects – Some medications cause acne as a side effect. Some examples of these medications contain testosterone, lithium, and corticosteroids.
- Age – As mentioned, people of all ages can develop acne; however, it happens more often in teens. The rate of teens having symptoms of acne is higher than people in their adulthood.
Medications for acne involve creams, gels, ointments, and lotions. It uses topical treatments that help ease skin condition symptoms and prevent further skin damage.
Top Rated Products
- Ritomune 100mg $50.00
- Aerius 5mg $73.99
- Delix Plus 2.5/12.5mg (Turkey) $21.97
- Brilinta 90mg $132.99
- Cialis 10mg $74.99
- Dermovate Cream 0.05% (Turkey) $33.30